Monday, April 2, 2012

January 3, 2012 We found out we were pregnant.

This was one of the most amazing days of my life. I have always dreamed of the day I would find out we were going to have a baby and always imagined what it would look like… but this was not exactly the way I had planned. Adam and I were in the process of relocating to Northern California and he had moved out to Sacramento on December 1st. I was going to be moving on January 13th. We had visited each other a few times in December and spent the Holidays together in Las Vegas with my family. On January 2nd I flew back to Dallas and Adam flew back to Sacramento and we wouldn’t see each other again until I was out in California after the move. So… imagine my surprise to find out our life was forever changed the day after we left each other in Las Vegas… There I was by myself in the bathroom of our tiny temporary one bedroom apartment. That afternoon Adam and I sat down to jot down a few notes about our feelings from that morning, so here they are:

Sarah: Today is the one of the top two best days of my life. It is hard to say if our wedding day beats this day or not... Today we found out we are having a BABY!!!!! We are four and a half weeks along. I can't describe the feeling I am having... so excited and relieved at the same time. We have been trying to have a baby for a year and we were about to take the next steps to become pregnant when it happened on its own!!!! We are SO blessed and SO excited to start our family. Yesterday, when Adam and I were packing our bags to leave Las Vegas from our Christmas/New Years trip I took a pregnancy test at my sister, Liz's house because I thought I might be a little late... hard to know because I had been focusing on my niece and nephew the last 10 days!!! The test I took was digital and had some sort of malfunction and just had a blank screen. I didn't think anything of it and went on with my day. 
This morning when I woke up in Texas I thought I should probably try again which was a very common practice for the last year around the time I was supposed to be starting my period. Today the test looked the same as it normally did... until I looked at it again and there were TWO lines instead of ONE!!! I took another test and it was also positive.... I called Adam at work and pretended to be calm... asking him if he was having a good morning and if he was the only one in the office or if people were around him... he said there were people around but I couldn't keep it in anymore so I told him I took two pregnancy tests and they were both positive!!!!!! He didn't believe me and kept asking is this a joke... are you being serious?? After I convinced him that I was serious he told me to go to the grocery store to get two other brands of tests to verify... I went to the store in my pj’s and purchased two boxes of tests... almost running through the store to get home... took the tests while on the phone with my sister and they were ALL POSITIVE!!!!!!! I called Adam back to tell him the news and he was speechless!!!!!!!
God has taken care of us and blessed us with the precious baby that we will love the rest of our lives. I can't wait to spend the next eight months preparing for our precious gift from God to arrive!!! This baby is going to be SO loved and have all the hugs and kisses a baby can handle. WOW!!! Still in shock!!!!!!!!!

Adam: I was the fourth person in the office today. Owen, Doug and Tim were already here but it was pretty quiet around my area. You called at 7:27 and asked if anybody was near me. I could tell you had to talk to me about something. There was nobody directly near me but I was still hesitant to discuss anything serious with the owner of the agency still within earshot. You then told me: “I took two pregnancy tests this morning and they were both positive”. I knew what you said but had to pause to take it all in. I couldn’t react the way I typically would since I was in the office and it would have been a dead giveaway. I asked if you were serious and you said yes. Then you started to have some tears of joy and my eyes also got a little wet. Finally, I told you to go to the store to get another brand of pregnancy tests for the final confirmation. All four tests taken were positive. Amazing! I couldn’t be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment