Last night was a late night for us so we slept until we woke up without an alarm. That has been the greatest part of Sevilla... no alarm clocks!!! When we woke up we had two chocolate muffins that we had stolen from tea time yesterday :) It was a great breakfast! We got ready just in time for lunch... although is seems like we are being lazy and sleeping while in Sevilla, we are trying to relax and get some rest before heading back to the states. We have had late nights and are enjoying not being on a tight time frame.
We made our way over to the market where all of the locals and restaurants purchase their fish, meats and produce. It was really cool. I especially liked it because we didn't make it to the market in Barcelona (because it was closed on Sunday, the only morning we were there) so this made up for it a bit :) We had a tough time finding it but once we got there it was very neat. I purchased an orange and a large bundle of grapes for a €1.59... and they were all great! We also stayed and had a light lunch at a little restaurant in the market.
After enjoying the market we walked around Sevilla a bit longer and made our way to the Cathedral where we toured around a bit. This Cathedral is the worlds largest Gothic church and the third largest Cathedral in Europe behind Saint Peter's in Rome and Saint Paul's in London. I had been inside when I was here last but it was still neat to see it again. I showed Adam the tomb of Christopher Columbus and he thought that was pretty cool :) We also went up the bell tower and got a wonderful panoramic view of Sevilla!!! We were able to point out all the places we had seen and Adam took tons of pictures! The breeze was wonderful and we really enjoyed the view. I hit a boiling point with "foreigners" because the tourists here are so RUDE... they step in front of you and push you around. Today I had a lady sit on my foot... clearly I was standing on a step looking out at a beautiful view of the city and she decided to sit right where I was standing... Adam and I have decided that we are going to raise our children with Southern values and manners no matter where we end up. It seems like a simple no brainer for us but it is clear that not everyone values manners!!!
We exited the Cathedral right in front of the Irish Pub Flaherty's where I spent many nights in Sevilla. Adam and I went in for one Heineken and enjoyed the people speaking English!!!!
After posting a few updates on Facebook the past few weeks, I got a message from an old High School friend of mine that is in the Military and is stationed 45 minutes South of Sevilla. Adam and I asked him if he could come up for dinner one night and he said yes!!! So we waited at the hotel durning Tea Time to meet up with him. He and his flight partner Mark came up for the evening and spent a few hours with us. They got to Spain last weekend and had not yet been to Sevilla so it was a great little trip for them. They got to partake in Tea Time with us and had a water and snack. When they told us they hadn't been to Sevilla, Adam and I knew we wanted to take them to the river. We hadn't been there yet today and I wanted to say good-bye to my friend Jose so it worked out perfectly! We sat by the river and had a few drinks before heading to a restaurant that Jose recommended for some Tapas. Peter had not tried Spanish food yet so we thought it was good for him to have a few Tapas to get him aquatinted. The guys said their food was very bad on base at the "chow hall" so they were looking forward to a nice dinner. After Tapas we went back to the Italian restaurant that we ate at last night. We gave them several choices for dinner and they chose Italian. It was very good!!!
After dinner we said good-bye to the guys as they had to catch a train at 11pm to head back to the base. It was so great seeing Peter! We realized it has been several years since we had seen each other! Hope we stay in touch!
Tomorrow morning our taxi comes at 5:30am to head to the Sevilla Airport! We have mixed feelings about traveling home. We are ready to be back in the states but are so sad that our trip is over. We have had a great time and are always going to treasure the memories from these two weeks! This trip has exceeded all of the expectations we had. We are so grateful that we were able to experience this together and hope to come back!!
Great last day! Incredible photos of everything! Each other, architecture, food, reunion with friend(s), and views from the top of the bellower!!
ReplyDeleteFantastic ending to a long-anticipated and planned trip. We welcome you back to the states, though, and pray for a safe journey!
Talk to you soon, muly dear son and daughter-in-love!
Xoxoxo
Momma Terp
Ha! That last word in the first paragraph was "belltower" not bellower! Ha! Love/hate auto-correct!! Xoxo!
ReplyDelete